SOLID WASTE COMMITTEE MEETING
A meeting of the Kensington Police Protection and Community Services District Solid Waste Committee will be held on Tuesday, May 19, 2009, at 1:00 PM in the Training Room of the Public Services Building located at 217 Arlington Avenue, Kensington.
Approval of the Minutes of the February 18, 2009 meeting
Old Business: None
1. Review the purpose of the Coordinating Committee, as per the Memorandum of Understanding with County Costa County, Section 2.4; The District shall form a coordinating committee which consists of five members: one District staff person, one representative of Bay View, one member of the County Board of Supervisors or member’s alternative, and one County staff person.
The purposes of the coordinating committee are to facilitate communications between the County, the District, and Bay view, and to assist in the developing source reduction and recycling programs in a cost effective manner.
2. Update from Lorna Thompson, CFL collection options and JPA Small Quantity Generators.
3. Rate Review; Update from Greg Harman on the Rate Review Proposal and letter to Bay View requesting information.
4. Review of 2009 Processing Payments Adjustments Notice.
5. Review of Material Type Data Sheet.
6. Review of franchise fee payment from Bay View.
7. Discussion on the possibility of beginning a kitchen waste pick up service.
8. Update on the Electronic Waste Event, Coat & Food Drive held on May 16th.