Kensington is an unincorporated community of about 2200 homes, located in the East Bay Hills between Berkeley and El Cerrito. Kensington maintains its own police department, as well as park and recreation programs for all ages, via the Kensington Police Protection & Community Services District. The Kensington Fire Protection District provides fire protection and emergency medical services via a contract with El Cerrito.
The October 26, 2016 Special Meeting Agenda has been posted here.
The job listing for the KPPCSD Interim General Manager/Chief of Police has been posted here.
The next National Prescription Drug Take Back Day is Saturday, October 22, 2016, from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Your collection site in Kensington is:
Public Safety Building (Police/Fire)
217 Arlington Ave.
Kensington, CA 94707
Important Contact Information
- Emergency: 911
- Non-Emergency Dispatch: (510) 236-0474
- Office: (510) 526-4141
- Office Hours: 9 AM to 3 PM, Monday through Friday
- General Manager, Kevin Hart: (510) 526-4141
- Park and Facility Rental: (510) 526-4141
- Waste Pickup: (510) 237-4614
- C.C. County Animal Shelter: (925) 335-8300
- C.C. County Sheriff — Animal Control: (925) 646-2441
Regular Board meetings are held monthly on the second Thursday of each month. Agenda packets are available here.