Kensington is an unincorporated community of about 2200 homes, located in the East Bay Hills between Berkeley and El Cerrito. Kensington maintains its own police department, as well as park and recreation programs for all ages, via the Kensington Police Protection & Community Services District. The Kensington Fire Protection District provides fire protection and emergency medical services via a contract with El Cerrito.
The October 25, 2017 Finance Committee Agenda has been posted here.
The October 26, 2017 KPPCSD Agenda has been posted. The Agenda Packet may been seen here.
On November 11, 2017, from 10:00 AM – Noon, there will be a Senior Transportation Study Workshop at the Community Center. The flyer, from Supervisor John Gioia’s office, can be seen here.
The October 18, 2017 Park Planning and Recreation Agenda has been posted here.
Important Contact Information
- Emergency: 911
- Non-Emergency Dispatch: (510) 236-0474
- Office: (510) 526-4141
- Office Hours: 9 AM to 3 PM, Monday through Friday
- General Manager, Tony Constantouros: (510) 526-4141
- Interim Police Chief, Rickey Hull: (510) 526-4141
- Park and Facility Rental: (510) 526-4141
- Waste Pickup: (510) 237-4614
- C.C. County Animal Shelter: (925) 335-8300
- C.C. County Sheriff — Animal Control: (925) 646-2441
Regular Board meetings are held monthly on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month. (November and December meetings occur only on the second Thursday.) Agenda packets are available here.