Kensington is an unincorporated community of about 2200 homes, located in the East Bay Hills between Berkeley and El Cerrito. Kensington maintains its own police department, as well as park and recreation programs for all ages, via the Kensington Police Protection & Community Services District. The Kensington Fire Protection District provides fire protection and emergency medical services via a contract with El Cerrito.
The October 8, 2015 Agenda Packet has been posted here.
The Park Buildings Committee Agenda has been posted here.
The October 1, 2015 Ad Hoc Committee Agenda has been posted here.
We have released a press release regarding a stolen vehicle taken from Arlmont Dr on September 16, 2015. The press release can be viewed here.
Important Contact Information
- Emergency: 911
- Non-Emergency Dispatch: (510) 236-0474
- Office: (510) 526-4141
- Office Hours: 9 AM to 3 PM, Monday through Friday
- General Manager, Kevin Hart: (510) 526-4141
- Park and Facility Rental: (510) 526-4141
- Waste Pickup: (510) 237-4614
- C.C. County Animal Shelter: (925) 335-8300
- C.C. County Sheriff — Animal Control: (925) 646-2441
Regular Board meetings are held monthly on the second Thursday of each month. Agenda packets are available here.