Kensington is an unincorporated community of about 2200 homes, located in the East Bay Hills between Berkeley and El Cerrito. Kensington maintains its own police department, as well as park and recreation programs for all ages, via the Kensington Police Protection & Community Services District. The Kensington Fire Protection District provides fire protection and emergency medical services via a contract with El Cerrito.
The March 22, 2017 Finance Committee Agenda – Revised – has been posted here.
The March 22, 2017 Finance Committee Agenda Addendum – Ann Danforth Draft Contract has been posted here.
The agenda for the March 23 Special KPPCSD meeting is available here.
The agenda for the March 15 Park Planning & Recreation meeting is available here.
Important Contact Information
- Emergency: 911
- Non-Emergency Dispatch: (510) 236-0474
- Office: (510) 526-4141
- Office Hours: 9 AM to 3 PM, Monday through Friday
- General Manager, Rickey Hull: (510) 526-4141
- Park and Facility Rental: (510) 526-4141
- Waste Pickup: (510) 237-4614
- C.C. County Animal Shelter: (925) 335-8300
- C.C. County Sheriff — Animal Control: (925) 646-2441
Regular Board meetings are held monthly on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month. (November and December meetings occur only on the second Thursday.) Agenda packets are available here.