Notice: As of January 11, 2017 the KPPCSD has a new website located at http://www.kppcsd.org. The site you are currently viewing will still be live for a few months but will not be updated going forward. Any new information such as agendas, meetings, etc. will only be found on the new site.
Kensington is an unincorporated community of about 2200 homes, located in the East Bay Hills between Berkeley and El Cerrito. Kensington maintains its own police department, as well as park and recreation programs for all ages, via the Kensington Police Protection & Community Services District. The Kensington Fire Protection District provides fire protection and emergency medical services via a contract with El Cerrito.
The January 6, 2018 Monthly Reports have been posted here.
The January 11, 2018 KPPCSD Agenda Packet has been posted here.
The October 1, 2017 Bay View Refuse letter announcing the 2018 CPI rate increases have been posted here.
Important Contact Information
- Emergency: 911
- Non-Emergency Dispatch: (510) 236-0474
- Office: (510) 526-4141
- Office Hours: 9 AM to 3 PM, Monday through Friday
- General Manager, Tony Constantouros: (510) 526-4141
- Interim Police Chief, Rickey Hull: (510) 526-4141
- Park and Facility Rental: (510) 526-4141
- Waste Pickup: (510) 237-4614
- C.C. County Animal Shelter: (925) 335-8300
- C.C. County Sheriff — Animal Control: (925) 646-2441
Regular Board meetings are held monthly on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month. (November and December meetings occur only on the second Thursday.) Agenda packets are available here.