Kensington is an unincorporated community of about 2200 homes, located in the East Bay Hills between Berkeley and El Cerrito. Kensington maintains its own police department, as well as park and recreation programs for all ages, via the Kensington Police Protection & Community Services District. The Kensington Fire Protection District provides fire protection and emergency medical services via a contract with El Cerrito.
The Wednesday, November 29, 2017 Special Meeting has been posted here.
There will be a Special Meeting of the KPPCSD Board on Wednesday, November 29th. Thus, the Finance Committee meeting that had been scheduled for this evening has been cancelled.
The December 5, 2017 Supervisor Gioia-KMAC Meeting re: Short-term Vacation Rentals Announcement has been posted here.
Important Contact Information
- Emergency: 911
- Non-Emergency Dispatch: (510) 236-0474
- Office: (510) 526-4141
- Office Hours: 9 AM to 3 PM, Monday through Friday
- General Manager, Tony Constantouros: (510) 526-4141
- Interim Police Chief, Rickey Hull: (510) 526-4141
- Park and Facility Rental: (510) 526-4141
- Waste Pickup: (510) 237-4614
- C.C. County Animal Shelter: (925) 335-8300
- C.C. County Sheriff — Animal Control: (925) 646-2441
Regular Board meetings are held monthly on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month. (November and December meetings occur only on the second Thursday.) Agenda packets are available here.