The Kensington Police Protection and Community Services District is not actively recruiting for any position at this time.
Reserve Police Officer
Kensington is a special district comprised of primarily upper middle class homes and two small business areas. There are five thousand residents living in the District. Kensington consists of approximately one square mile in west Contra Costa County, bordered by the cities of Berkeley, Albany, El Cerrito, and Tilden Park. The landscape is beautiful and the views are breathtaking. The community is extremely supportive of the Police Department.
- Please fill out and submit an application or email Sergeant Hui at for more information
The Kensington Police Protection and Community Services District is governed by five Directors. Day to day operations are handled by the General Manager, who is also the Chief of Police. Two Sergeants, seven Police Officers, the District Secretary, and the Police Services Aide staff the Kensington Police Department.
Members of the Department are committed to providing the best service possible to the residents and visitors. Kensington Police Officers perform a variety of services which include; patrol, response to crimes in-progress, traffic enforcement, first aid and CPR, investigations, warrant and subpoena service, and many other law enforcement duties.
- Completion of a California POST certified academy within the last 3 years, or
current employment as a California Police Officer, or employment as a
California Police Officer within the last 3 years.
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Height and weight must be proportionate as determined by the Department's
- Normal hearing and eyesight corrected to 20/20 with normal color vision.
- Writing exercise.
- Oral Interview.
- Background investigation.
- Polygraph examination
- Psychiatric Examination.
- Medical Examination.